Job Title: Branch Librarian
Part Time: Tuesday and Thursday 1pm-6pm, Wednesday 9-12, occasionally Tuesday and Thursday duties could be from 1pm-8pm and Saturday 9am-2pm.
Salary: $9.00/hour, $9.50/hour after 90 days
Position Description: The Greater West Central Public Library District seeks an enthusiastic, friendly and innovative Librarian for our main library in Augusta. This is a service-oriented part time position. Duties include:
- Providing gracious and friendly service to all library users
- Checking materials in and out
- Issuing library cards
- Helping patrons with computer problems
- Assisting and monitoring patrons in the use of the library
- Processing holds materials
- Answering the phone
- Assisting with simple machine malfunctions, such as printers and copiers
- Participating in various library projects
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and carry up to twenty pounds
- Other duties as required
Requirements: Minimum one-year work experience working with the public; computer skills; good organizational and clerical skills are required; including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time.